Wednesday 8 August 2012

The magic number.....



How many kids do you hope to have?
An interesting question, and one that had me thinking after reading this post by Jo Goddard.
We have decide that 2 is our magic number.
I always thought I would have 3 kids. I am from a 3 kid family and so is hubs.
But, we have decide to draw a line in the sand........
It's hard because, as little Finn grows, I feel the pull to have another baby so much.
Finn has bought such sunshine into our lives and I can't imagine life without him!
When we only had Max I couldn't imagine how it must be trying to juggle 2 kids. But now I totally get how 3 or 4 kids would work.
It's a heart vs head dilemma!
Our decision is based on a number of reasons:
We are not getting any younger! If we had met 10 years earlier, I think we would have 3 kids by now. I am 37 and hubs is 40. We are TIRED.
My two pregnancies were HARD work. I was sick sick sick with both. I just can't go through it again.
My surgery, which is coming up in 3 weeks (eccckk!) If I were to fall pregnant again it's more than likely the hernia would reappear and Harley Street doctors do not come cheap!
So, to draw this very definitive line in the sand, we have decided hubs should get the snip! And today is his first appointment.
This way we can put the question to rest.
Two gorgeous boys.....who could ask for more?



xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day - thank you!