Saturday 26 February 2011

Rapha + exciting news from SW6.


It was my pleasure some 6 or so years ago to flat with a strange little man who was half monkey, half bicycle.
For those of you who know Andy, you will understand what I mean by this.
To give you an example, he converted my garage into 'stables' for his fine filly's (or bikes).
He never wore bike gear, it was always 'cycle couture'.
He would despair at us 'lazy girls' vegging out on the couch watching chick flicks and simply go out and ride up the steepest and longest hills in Wellington just FOR FUN.
Crazy right?
But now a few years on we are still friends and living in London some 2 minutes cycle from each other.
Andy put me onto Rapha.
Rapha definitely falls into the 'cycle couture' category.
Take a look these seriously HOT images from their website......










Do these shots inspire you to don the lycra and get on yer bike?
Almost, but nah not really eh?!

I am more of a spectator really, which brings me to my exciting news........

The route for the road cycling event for the 2012 London Olympics practically goes right past our flat! Down the Kings Rd and over Putney Bridge. I heart living in London at times like this.
Brilliant!


xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day - thank you!