Sunday 10 October 2010

Columbia Road

Absolutely my favourite thing to do in London is to visit Columbia Road.
It is probably a good thing they only open on a Sunday.
If they were open more often, no doubt, I would be there ALL THE TIME!

Todays highlights:
The banjo & double bass buskers playing 'girls just wanna have fun'.
Buying a box of 9 assorted mini cupcakes for £7.50
Finding the perfect duck egg green & white striped jug for £8
Buying bunches of tuberose, snow berries, freesias and oak leaves.
Supping the perfect latte from Climpson & Son.
Discovering a new & brilliant fabric shop.

Our friends Helen & Andy came too and it was their first time at Columbia Rd, they were blown away to say the least! Here are some pics of our adventures.

I spy Treacle cupcake shop through the foliage......


A little box of happiness....


Fabulous shops.....


Helen & Andy sampling croissants from S. Jones the baker.....


Max is stoked with his new tin spinning top for £2!


Max! Get out of the gutter!


Colours of the season.....


E2, it's a long way from SW6!


One happy shopper.....


Halloween leaf face.....


Some of the booty.....


xxx

6 comments:

  1. Hellloooo Jo

    What a wonderful day to spend a lazy, sunny, sunday afternoon. I was brought up around this area many many years ago...well until I was 8 years old but my grand-parents remained in East London until their dying days.
    I'm back home next week and you have reminded me just how good it is soo I will be there in a couple of Sunday's.
    Have a great week ahead
    LOVE PEACE enJOY
    Julie
    x

    BTW The spinning top looks like loads of fun & those cupcakes scrummy yummy mummy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie, it was lots of fun. I have loads of great shots for Tuesday through the window! Saving them!
    Talk soon
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How have I never been here !! It reminds me of the the street just before/between Notting Hill gate and Portablello Market :-)

    Lovely, must go soon :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I've never been, but that place looks like my cup of tea :0)

    Hmmm...HP1 to E2...yikes...where's my GPS?!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. PLEASE TAKE ME TOO COLUMBIA RD WHEN I VISIT PLEASE!!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks a great place. Wish I was close enogh for a visit.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day - thank you!